GATE 2022 Online Application Process Opens August 30, 2021 @gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Organising Institute for GATE 2022 is Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
GATE 2022 ONLINE APPLICATION
IMPORTANT DATES RELATED TO GATE 2022
Given the pandemic situation all the international centers have been cancelled for GATE-2022. However, foreign Nationals can register and give their exam in any cities listed for GATE 2022.
|Online Application Process Opens (https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in )||Monday||30th August 2021|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process||Friday||24th September 2021|
|Closing Date of EXTENDED online registration/ application process||Friday||1st October 2021|
|Display of Defective Applications to rectify||Tuesday||26th October 2021|
|Last date for rectification of Applications||Tuesday||1st November 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, Paper and Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||12th November 2021|
|Admit Card will be available for download||Monday||3rd January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2022
6th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Thursday||17th March 2022|
GATE 2022 Online Registration : GATE 2022 Information Brochure
Click here to download version – 1, Release Date – 1st August, 2021
GATE 2022 Poster
Click here to download
GATE 2022 Newspaper Advertisement
Click here to download English version
Click here to download Hindi version
|The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2022 examination|
|A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program.
A candidate who has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc.
Candidates who have obtained / are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
Data Requirement for Filling the Online Application Form in GATE 2022
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the valid photo ID, which the candidate MUST produce in original while appearing for GATE-2022 examination at the centre.
GATE 2022 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Prof/Capt, etc. MUST NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE paper(s) (subject).
- THREE Choices of GATE examination cities.
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Dyslexia (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of any one of the valid photo Identity Document: Aadhaar-UID (preferable), Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID and Driving License. The same ID, in original, MUST be carried to the examination hall.
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card/UPI details for fee payment.
|For Examination Centres in India||Regular Period
(30th Aug to 24th Sept 2021)
|During the Extended Period
(25th Sept to 1st Oct 2021)
|Female candidates (per paper)||750||1250|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||750||1250|
|All other candidates (per paper)||1500||2000|
*PwD means Persons with Disability.
(from 1st to 12th November 2021)
|No.||Description of Changes / Modifications||Fee Charges|
|(i)||Change in choice of examination cities||500|
|(ii)||Change of existing paper||500|
|(iii)||Add a second paper (from given combinations with respect to the primary paper)||500 plus suitable amount per paper for the candidate’s category|
|(iv)||Change of gender to female||500|
|(v)||Change of gender from female to any other gender||500 + 750 = 1250|
|(vi)||Change of category to SC/ST||500|
|(vii)||Change of category from SC/ST to any other||500 + 750 = 1250|
|(viii)||Change from Non-PwD to PwD||500|
|(ix)||Change from PwD to Non-PwD||500 + 750 = 1250|
|(x)||Any other change in category (not mentioned above)||500|