Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Online Apply
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Online Apply
PMJJBY Details and Application form
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is implemented by the Department of Financial Services – https://financialservices.gov.in and is available through banks. The PMJJBY is available to people in the age group of 18 to 50 years having a bank account who give their consent to join / enable auto-debit. Aadhar would be the primary KYC for the bank account. The life cover of Rs. 2 lakhs shall be for the one year period stretching from 1st June to 31st May and will be renewable. More details of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana like how to apply, where to apply, Benefits of this scheme, Risk coverage etc., given briefly below:
PMJJBY प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योती विमा योजना काय काम करते
प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योती विमा योजना (PMJJBY) ही एक वर्षाची विमा योजना आहे आणि ती कोणत्याही कारणामुळे मृत्यू झाल्यास जीवन विमा संरक्षण देते. ही योजना एलआयसी आणि इतर जीवन विमा कंपन्यांमार्फत ऑफर केली जाईल जे या उद्देशासाठी आवश्यक मंजूरी आणि बँकांशी टाय-अपसह समान अटींवर उत्पादन प्रदान करण्यास इच्छुक आहेत.
PMJJBY प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योति बीमा योजना क्या काम करती है
प्रधान मंत्री जीवन ज्योति बीमा योजना (PMJJBY) एक साल की बीमा योजना है, और यह किसी भी कारण से मृत्यु के लिए जीवन बीमा कवर प्रदान करती है। योजना एलआईसी और अन्य जीवन बीमा कंपनियों के माध्यम से पेश की जाएगी जो इस उद्देश्य के लिए बैंकों के साथ आवश्यक अनुमोदन और टाई-अप के साथ समान शर्तों पर उत्पाद प्रदान करने के इच्छुक हैं।
Features of PMJJBY
- Death benefit – Beneficiaries will receive a sum of ₹ 2 lakhs
- Maturity benefit – No maturity benefit or surrender benefit is available with this policy
- Premiums – Pay a premium of ₹ 330 per annum per member – deducted automatically from savings bank account, with facility for auto-debit instructions
For enrolments done on or after 1st June’16, the risk cover will commence only after the completion of 30 days from the date of enrollment into the scheme by the member. However deaths due to accidents will be exempt from this Lien Clause.
- Ways to pay – Pay through the Insurance tab on your Netbanking account
- Policy term – Get life cover for one year, renewable from year to year
- Age Limit – Age at entry: minimum 18 years; maximum 50 years
How to apply for PMJJBY
Policy activation – Using NetBanking
- Log in to NetBanking and click on the ‘Insurance’ tab
- Select scheme
- Select account for premium payment
- Policy cover amount, premium amount and nominee details (as per the selected account) will be displayed
- Click ‘Confirm’ to activate policy
- Download the Acknowledgement and unique reference number for future reference
Risk coverage under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Risk coverage under this scheme is for Rs. 2 Lakh in case of death of the insured, due to any reason.
- The premium is Rs. 330 per annum which is to be auto-debited in one installment f rom the subscriber’s bank account as per the option given by him on or before 31st May of each annual coverage period under the scheme.
- The scheme is being offered by Life Insurance Corporation and all other life insurers who are willing to offer the product on similar terms with necessary approvals and tie up with banks for this purpose.
Eligibility for PMJJBY
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- Savings Bank Account holder – with sufficient funds
- Having Jandhan or saving bank account with Aadhaar.
- Auto-debit from bank account on consent
- Any person who is between 18- 50 years old and has a savings account can enroll for this scheme through the participating banks.
- One can join this scheme with only one saving bank account even if they have multiple bank accounts
- To avail of the benefits offered by this policy, it is mandatory to link your Aadhar card to the eligible/participatory bank account.
- Insurance buyers who join the scheme after the initial enrolment period, i.e., from the 31st of August 2015- the 30th of November 2015, must produce a self-attested medical certificate proving that he/she is not suffering from any critical illness as mentioned in the policy declaration form.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Rs.2 lakh on death due to any cause
- PMJJBY provides a death coverage of Rs-2,00,000 to the beneficiary of the policy in the case of the sudden demise of the insured person.
- As PMJJBY is a pure term insurance plan, it does not offer any maturity or surrender benefit.
- The premium paid towards the policy is eligible for tax benefits as under section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- PMJJBY provides a risk coverage of 1 year. However, as this is renewable policy, it can be renewed yearly.
How do I get a PMJJBY certificate?
List of documents required to submit claim request
- Duly filled claim intimation form (Click here to download the form)
- Death Certificate of the member.
- Bank account details of the nominee (Passbook/bank statement/Cancelled cheque copy) with account number and beneficiary name printed on same.
- Photo ID proof of the nominee.
How to Enrol for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana?
- The enrolment process for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana has been very easy. PMJJBY is managed through LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India) and other private life insurance companies in India.
- One may also contact their respective bankers for the process of enrolment if the bank is tied up with insurance companies. Even if an individual has multiple bank accounts in one or different banks, he/she would be eligible to join the scheme only through one bank account.
- Those who wants to join the scheme now may still do so as one can renew the plan anytime during the year by paying the full premium and not the proportionate amount. However, the renewal date is still the same, i.e on the 1st of June for all of the subscribers.
- However, It’s recommended to join now and get the cover for the entire 12 months. Even if you had exited the scheme at any point, you may still re-join the scheme by paying the annual premium.