Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) Online Apply
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) Online Apply
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) is a social security scheme that offers one-year accidental death and disability cover, that can be renewed yearly. With the minimum premium rate of Rs. 12/- per annum, this policy is most beneficial to the poor and low-income section of the society. PMSBY is one of the three social security schemes that was announced in the Government in the 2015 budget. PMSBY scheme is implemented by the Department of Financial Services – https://financialservices.gov.in and is available through banks. More details of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) Online Apply is given below:
PMSBY Scheme Details in Marathi
प्रधानमंत्री सुरक्षा विमा योजना (PMSBY) ही एक सामाजिक सुरक्षा योजना आहे जी एक वर्षाचे अपघाती मृत्यू आणि अपंगत्व संरक्षण देते, ज्याचे वार्षिक नूतनीकरण केले जाऊ शकते. PMSBY ही 2015 च्या अर्थसंकल्पात सरकारने जाहीर केलेल्या तीन सामाजिक सुरक्षा योजनांपैकी एक आहे. इतर दोन अटल पेन्शन योजना (APY) आणि प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योती विमा योजना (PMJJBY) आहेत. प्रधानमंत्री सुरक्षा विमा योजना ही एक सरकारी-समर्थित अपघात विमा योजना आहे ज्यामध्ये अपघाती मृत्यू, कायमचे अपंगत्व आणि आंशिक अपंगत्व समाविष्ट आहे. 18 ते 70 वर्षे वयोगटातील व्यक्ती या योजनेसाठी अर्ज करण्यास पात्र आहेत.
प्रधानमंत्री सुरक्षा विमा योजना ठळक वैशिष्ट्ये
- रुपये १२ वार्षिक हप्ता
- लाभार्थी वयोगट १८ ते ७०
- लाभ – जखमी झाल्यास १ लाख रुपये व मृत्यू झाल्यास २ लाख रुपये भरपाई
- अट – फक्त बँकेत खाते असणे आवश्यक कोणीही लाभ घेवू शकतो
Features of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- The Scheme is available to people in the age group 18 to 70 years with a bank account who give their consent to join / enable auto-debit on or before 31st May for the coverage period 1st June to 31st May on an annual renewal basis.
- Aadhar would be the primary KYC for the bank account.
- The risk coverage under the scheme is Rs. 2 lakh for accidental death and full disability and Rs. 1 lakh for partial disability.
- The premium of Rs. 12 per annum is to be deducted from the account holder’s bank account through ‘auto-debit’ facility in one installment.
- The scheme is being offered by Public Sector General Insurance Companies or any other General Insurance Company who are willing to offer the product on similar terms with necessary approvals and tie up with banks for this purpose. As on 28th July, 2021, cumulative enrollment is over 24.03 crore under PMSBY.
Differences between PMSBY and PMJJBY:
|Factor||Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)||Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)|
|Age limit||18 years to 70 years||18 years to 50 years|
|Premium payment||70 years||50 years. The insured can however choose to pay the premium till they reach the age of 55 years given that they pay premium every year|
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- In the age group 18 to 70 years
- Having Jandhan or saving bank account with Aadhaar.
- Auto-debit from bank account on consent
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- Rs.2 lakh for accidental death and full disability and Rs. 1 lakh for partial disability
|Table of Benefits||Sum Insured|
|Death||Rs. 2 Lakh|
|Total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or loss of use of both hands or feet or loss of sight of one eye and loss of use of hand or Foot||Rs. 2 Lakh|
|Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye or loss of use of one hand or foot||Rs. 1 Lakh|
How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Online Apply
The scheme is offered and administered by the Public Sector General Insurance Companies (PSGICs) and other general insurance companies in collaboration with the participating banks. The individual can register by contacting the affiliated bank or an insurance company or can download the form from the Government website – https://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Forms-PMSBY.aspx.
- The participating banks are offering application to the scheme through SMS or net banking.
- The individual needs to submit the application form and the Aadhar card.
- The following are the steps to enrol to the scheme through SMS:
- The individual will receive the activation SMS.
- The individual must respond to the SMS as ‘PMSBY Y’.
- The individual will receive the acknowledgement message.
- The Bank will process the request with the information available in the savings account.
Points to be noted:
- The bank will obtain the demographic details of the nominee, nominee relationship and date of birth from the savings account.
- In case the information is not available then the individual will have to go to the nearest branch to apply for the scheme.
- In case of failure of the auto-debit transaction, the insurance cover ceases to be in force.
The following are the steps to enrol to the scheme through Net Banking:
- Login to the internet banking account.
- Click on Insurance.
- Identify the account that will be used for paying the premium.
- Verify all the details and confirm.
- Download the acknowledgement and save it for future reference.
Points to be noted
- The individual can choose to replicate the nominee details as appearing in the savings bank account or can opt for a new nominee.
How to check PMSBY Account status?
Follow the follwing steps to check the PMSBY Account Status
- Visit your bank’s website.
- Login using internet banking.
- Visit the appropriate PMSBY section.
- Enter the bank account number.
- Enter PMSBY application number.
- Click Submit.
- Check status.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Online Apply
- Proof Id
- Aadhaar card
- Contact information
- Nominee details
- Application form (English, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Oriya, Telugu, Tamil or Gujarati).
Claim Process of PMSBY Scheme
The following is the procedure to claim for the benefits under PMSBY:
- The insured or the nominee (in the event of death) must immediately inform the bank about the occurrence of the accident.
- Claim form must be obtained from the bank or designated insurance companies or via the website. The form is to be duly filled.
- The completed claim form is to be submitted to the bank branch within 30 days from the day of occurrence of the accident.
- The claim form is to be supported by original FIR, post mortem report, death certificate or in case of disability, disability certificate that is issued by a Civil surgeon. Discharge certificate should also be enclosed.
- The bank will verify the account details and then forward the case to the insurance company within 30 days of the submission of the claim.
- The insurer will then confirm that the insured is in the list of the insured persons in the master policy.
- The claim will be processed within 30 days of receiving the documents from the bank.
- The admissible claim will be then remitted to the nominee’s or the insured’s account.
If the insured has not appointed a nominee, then the death claim will be paid to the legal heir. The legal heir must produce the succession certificate.
- The maximum time that is allowed for the bank to finish the claim procedure is 30 days.
Following information is to be furnished in the claim process form:
- Name of the insured
- Full address of the insured
- Name and address of the bank branch
- Savings bank account number
- Contact number of the insured, i.e. mobile number, phone number, email address and Aadhaar number
- Details of nominee, i.e. name, mobile or phone number, email address, bank account for electronic transfer and Aadhaar number.
- Details of accident, i.e. the day, date and time of occurrence, place of occurrence, nature of the accident and cause of death or the details of injury
- Name and address of the hospital or the attending doctor along with the contact details
- Time and date of when the medical officer of the company can visit the insured.
Details of the documents that have been submitted
- The nominee or claimant will have to sign the declaration and mention the policy number and claim number along with the date. The authorised bank official will further review the form and sign it and pass it on to the insurance company.
Claim Form for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
Participating Banks for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Online Apply
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana scheme involves numerous banks and insurance companies. The participating banks are as follows:
- Allahabad Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Kerala Gramin Bank
- Kotak Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- South Indian Bank
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
Participating Insurance companies for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana scheme PMSBY
Participating Insurance companies are as follows:
- Bajaj Allianz
- Cholamandalam MS
- ICICI Lombard
- National Insurance
- New India Assurance
- Reliance General Insurance
- United India Insurance
- Universal Sompo