JAM 2021-IISc Bangalore releases first admission list, Check direct link here
JAM -2021 admission list: Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has released the first admission list of the Joint Admission Test for Masters 2021. Those who had qualified in the exam and registered for admission can check their status by logging in to the official website https://joaps.iisc.ac.in. Candidates can check the first admission list on the official Joint Admission test for Masters website – jam.iisc.ac.in or joaps.iisc.ac.in.
“Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM) 2021 First list of Admissions is released. Candidates can login to JOAPS to check the status of their applications,” read a portal on the website. Candidates have to use Enrollment ID/Email ID and the JOAPS password to login to the portal to check the admission list. The Joint Admission test for Masters- 2021 first admission list has been prepared by IISc Bangalore as per the order of preference given by the students in the admission form and the corresponding rank in the merit list.
- IISc Bangalore is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2021.
- JAM 2021 Examination will be conducted ONLINE only as a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Test Papers.
- JAM 2021 will have seven Test Papers, namely, (i) Biotechnology (BT), (ii) Chemistry (CY), (iii) Economics (EN), (iv) Geology (GG), (v) Mathematics (MA), (vi) Mathematical Sciences (MS) and (vii) Physics (PH).
Economics (EN) paper is added newly this year.
- All the seven Test Papers of JAM 2021 will be of entirely objective type, with three different patterns of questions, namely (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through Joint Admission test for Masters 2021 website.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2021.
- Candidates who qualify in JAM 2021 are eligible to apply for admission to IITs in the academic year 2021-22.
- Candidates should note that mere appearance in JAM 2021 or being in the merit list of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement to admission.
- Applications can be submitted from April 20 to May 20, 2021 by ONLINE mode only through https://joaps.iisc.ac.in/.
- No hard copies of the documents are to be sent to the Organizing Institute. The necessary documents must be uploaded online at the time of application.
- Admission to the 20 IITs listed in this brochure will be based only on JAM score. There are no additional requirements such as written test or interview.
- Application fee for Admission is ₹ 600/- for all candidates. The fee must be paid ONLINE only using credit card/ debit card/ net banking. Challan payment is not accepted. Fee is non-refundable.
- Offer of seats would be intimated by Email/ SMS/ Web portal. Acceptance or Rejection of offers must be done ONLINE only.
- JAM 2021 Scorecard must be produced at the time of reporting for admission, if demanded by Admitting Institutes.
- Seat Booking Fee also must be paid ONLINE only using credit card/debit card/ net banking. Challan payment is not accepted.
- IISc Bangalore, IISER Bhopal and Centralized Counsellingfor M.Sc./M.Sc. (Tech) for NITs (CCMN) may also use the JAM 2021 scores for admission to their postgraduate programs. Admission to these institutes will not be done through common JAM admission process.
- Applications can be submitted from April 20, 2021 onwards, after paying the fee. However, the option for filling up the Program choices will be available till the last date of application.
Submission of Application Form for Admission on JOAPS : April 20 – May 20, 2021
Last Date for rectification of defective documents /receipt of requests for the change of category with valid documents : May 25, 2021 (Tuesday)
Declaration of First Admission List : June 15, 2021 (Tuesday)
Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for First Admission List : June 21, 2021 (Monday)
Declaration of Second Admission List : July 01, 2021 (Thursday)
Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for Second Admission List : July 06, 2021 (Tuesday)
Opening and closing of withdrawal option : July 09 – July 12, 2021
Declaration of Third/Final Admission List : July 16, 2021 (Friday)
Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for Final Admission List July 20, 2021 (Tuesday)
Closure of Admissions through JAM 2021 : July 20, 2021 (Tuesday)
Joint Admission test for Masters 2021 – Download List
Admission related FAQs
|Q 1:||Due to the Covid 19, I got promoted without a marksheet. What should i do in this case?|
|Answer:||Eligibility requirement on aggregate marks is relaxed to “Pass in the qualifying examination” for JAM 2021 admissions. You can submit the promotion certificate in place of the marksheet. However, the promotion certificate or a document accompanying the promotion certificate duly signed by the Head of the Institute must mention the subjects taken in that semester/year, to evaluate the MEQ requirements for admission to a specific program.|
|Q 2:||I am unable to submit the documents required for my application to JAM 2021 admission. What should I do?|
|Answer:||Submit the undertaking (available on JOAPS portal). Make sure that you tick all the documents that are missing in the application. Any offer made to a candidate will be provisional until all required documents are submitted, else the seat gets automatically cancelled after the deadline.|
|Q 3:||What is the deadline for the submission of documents, in case I am unable to submit them along with my application to admission?|
|Answer:||If you are unable to submit some of the required documents along with your application, submit the undertaking. The documents must be submitted to the admitting Institute before 30 Sept 2021. Any offer made to you will be provisional until all required documents are submitted, else the seat gets automatically cancelled after this deadline.|
|Q 4:||Are category certificates issued in the regional languages accepted?|
Category certificates issued in regional languages are accepted, if they are signed by competent authorities as mentioned in the JAM 2021 admission brochure.
|Q 5:||I am not able to submit my category certificate. Will I still be eligible to avail the reservation?|
Candidates seeking admission under SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS categories must submit a valid category certificate issued by a competent authority as specified in the admission brochure, failing which they will not be considered for admission under the reserved category.